Subscribe to my monthly newsletter and get the following ebooks free: Things Slip Through,
Hiram Grange & The Chosen One, and Devourer of Souls

Friday, February 4, 2022

Review: Such Stuff As Screams Are Made Of

Such Stuff As Screams Are Made Of

Such Stuff As Screams Are Made Of by Robert Bloch
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

 This is my second Robert Bloch short story collection, and it won't be my last. Entertaining and intriguing stories, though a few of them haven't aged well in terms of gender and race, and after a while, the "Bloch twist" at the end of the stories loses its punch a little, not nearly as charming as a "Bradbury Twist" or as thought-provoking as a "Twilight Zone Twist." Even so, still a seminal speculative fiction writer who should be read by any young writer today.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment