Subscribe to my monthly newsletter and get the following ebooks free: Things Slip Through,
Hiram Grange & The Chosen One, and Devourer of Souls

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Review: The Drowned World

The Drowned World The Drowned World by J.G. Ballard
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So this is what I love about used book sales and used bookstores. I've never heard of J. G. Ballard, but the description on the back - saying it has an "oppressive power reminiscent of Conrad" - caught my eye. It's a very accurate description. Lots of poetic, lush imagery, and you can best consider this novel to be Waterworld (without Kevin Costner and stupid plot point) and Heart of Darkness by way of Mad Max. I will definitely be searching out more of Ballard's work.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment