Subscribe to my monthly newsletter and get the following ebooks free: Things Slip Through,
Hiram Grange & The Chosen One, and Devourer of Souls

Monday, November 29, 2021

Review: Elevation

Elevation Elevation by Stephen King
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It's amazing to think Stephen King's career started in men's magazines and that he wrote his first stories on a child's table in the laundry room of his family's cramped trailer. Even more amazing that a man who was first dismissed as a hack, then only as a "horror writer," would eventually become someone who could write pretty much anything he pleased.

It may sound strange, but I think all of it - his entire career - has lead him to write a book like this. A book he wrote because he wanted to, because he could...and he did. Poignant, timely, funny, and fantastical. I'll be honest; I'd read the man's grocery list with rapt attention.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment