Subscribe to my monthly newsletter and get the following ebooks free: Things Slip Through,
Hiram Grange & The Chosen One, and Devourer of Souls

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Review: Shadows 10

Shadows 10 Shadows 10 by Charles L. Grant
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Not a single weak story in the entire collection. I really wish there was someway to release these and other classic anthologies in ebook form. Ah, well...

It's hard to put into words while I love quiet horror so much. I don't want to fall into the trap of saying one form of horror is "superior" to another. For me, however, I prefer quietly unsettling stories which don't scream, but only whisper. That, and so many of these stories - while quietly supernatural - don't center on obvious horror tropes. They center on human frailty, weakness, and life.

Probably some folks find these stories boring. No zombies here, no monsters, no werewolves, no vampires. Just shadows that flit in the corner of your vision, gone before you even realize they were there.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment