Subscribe to my monthly newsletter and get the following ebooks free: Things Slip Through,
Hiram Grange & The Chosen One, and Devourer of Souls

Sunday, June 2, 2019

Review: Severed

Severed Severed by Peter Laws
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Really enjoying Peter Laws' Matt Hunter series. Matt Hunter is shaping up to be like a supernatural/occult/religious Joe Ledger/Jack Reacher/Repairman Jack kind of character, and these are novels which are honestly grappling with issues of faith and belief, but they aren't works of "Christian fiction."

I also - I THINK - am getting an idea where Matt Hunter's going, and there seems to be a larger arc behind these stories, which, of course, I love. Will expand my thoughts on Matt Hunter and Laws' nonfiction book THE FRIGHTENERS in an upcoming edition of my Cemetery Dance Online column, "Revelations."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment