Subscribe to my monthly newsletter and get the following ebooks free: Things Slip Through,
Hiram Grange & The Chosen One, and Devourer of Souls

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Review: Me, Myself & Bob: A True Story about God, Dreams, and Talking Vegetables

Me, Myself & Bob: A True Story about God, Dreams, and Talking Vegetables Me, Myself & Bob: A True Story about God, Dreams, and Talking Vegetables by Phil Vischer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So, I'm not an animator. I've never owned a media or graphics arts/video company. I've never had a dream of having this big huge impact on the world through writing, like Phil Vischer did with VeggieTales. And I'm certainly not in the same type of position, with my writing mostly a supplement to my income as a teacher.

I am, however, a Christian who is trying to walk that razor's edge between being true to my "voice" and being true to my faith. I have, also, in the last few years, had to let a lot of dreams "die," for the sake of sanity, health, and renewed focus on my faith, family, and my teaching job. I'll always be a writer, I'll always write the strange, weird, and odd, and don't plan on writing "Christian" stories any time soon. But in the words of Phil Viscer - where will I be five years from now, ten years from now, twenty years from now, as a writer?

That's none of my business. It's ultimately not up to me. And I'm working on being okay with that.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment