Subscribe to my monthly newsletter and get the following ebooks free: Things Slip Through,
Hiram Grange & The Chosen One, and Devourer of Souls

Thursday, May 5, 2016

My Stuff: Illustrated Classics

Remember these bad boys? I wonder how many readers were first exposed to the classics in this way? Once upon a time, I had a whole collection of them. My uncle gave me a whole set for Christmas one year, and I read them over and over. I think this was one of my favorites. Again, one automatically thinks science fiction, but when you consider the ape-like Morlocks living underground and feeding on the Eloi, the horrible vision of the future the Time Traveller sees when he accidentally goes too far ahead....
 
Pretty horrific.
 
Anyway, I have no idea what happened to all of these. I found this one at, as usual, the local library used book sale. Someday, I'm going to hunt up the entire set on Amazon. Madi's probably already a bit past these, but I'd like Zack to read the someday, when he's ready.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment