Subscribe to my monthly newsletter and get the following ebooks free: Things Slip Through,
Hiram Grange & The Chosen One, and Devourer of Souls

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Release Day Follies, Free Stories, It's SUMMER! and Short Story Blitz

Yesterday was the release day for my second book set in Clifton Heights, Devourer of Souls. We had a cool little Release Party last night where shenanigans abounded and fun was had by all. I met some great folks, we chatted about writing and books and had a good time. That, and this morning I woke up to this:

Now, I know this whole thing is fleeting. By the end of the week I'll drop back down off the Top 100 list. I also know that, in reality, only a few purchases in a short amount of time temporarily boosts someone's ranking.  But it's nice to see, regardless. I promise I won't go crazy posting about it, but - not to branch into another topic - I've lost patience with stuffy folks who stick their noses in the air and complain about showy young authors always trumpeting their slightest successes. I'm happy, it's a small step, it was something I didn't have yesterday, and tomorrow is another writing day. When good things happen, I share it. End of story.

On that note, I've made several stories in Things Slip Through free. If you haven't yet visited Clifton Heights, now is the time to test the waters. They'll be free today and tomorrow:

THE GATE AND THE WAY: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I1PO7NW

Also, I'm happy to report that school is officially over and summer is here. Which means one of two things:

1. More original blog posts instead of just "Yay me look what I did!" publishing news posts

2. A short story blitz

Yep. Now that I've sent my latest project, a serial novella for The Midnight Diner titled Suffer the Children off to beta-readers, I'm going to spend the rest of the summer trying to write short stories. I don't care if they're good, or if they're short stories or only just vignettes, I just want to try and bang them out, once a week. I'll even blog about them a little, starting tomorrow. 

I don't know if I'll be able to sell them or what, but it occurred to me just this past year, while lamenting my lack of success in selling short fiction that, in all honesty, I haven't pursued  short fiction nearly as much as I have long fiction (novels/novellas). This summer, it's time to do that. We'll see what happens.

Anyway, good things abound. A new book released to excellent reviews and Day One sales. It's summer. All the reading I can handle for the next two months, a serial novella in the bag, and a short story blitz. Can't get any better than that...

Or, can it...?

No comments:

Post a Comment