Subscribe to my monthly newsletter and get the following ebooks free: Things Slip Through,
Hiram Grange & The Chosen One, and Devourer of Souls

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Semi-Occasional Pimping Of Myself: Where You Can Buy My Writing

Here's my once in awhile post of "there's some stuff out there with my writing in it".  Most of you know this already, but every now and then I get some new blog and Facebook and Twitter followers, so I like to throw this list out there. I talk about writing a lot, I write every day, and yeah...I have had a few things published. 

First of all, the fiction.  The best thing to pick up is Hiram Grange & The Chosen One, simply because it's the best example of whatever it is I do.  Definitely horror/adventure/dark fantasy, and to date, what I consider my best work (my most recent stuff has been accepted, but not published as of yet).  Here's a synopsis:

Hiram Grange doesn’t believe in fate. He makes his own destiny. That’s a good thing, because Queen Mab of Faerie has foreseen the destruction of the world, and as usual… it’s all Hiram’s fault. He must choose: kill an innocent girl and save the universe… or rescue her and watch all else burn. Just another day on the job for Hiram Grange. 

So there's tentacled, Lovecraftian horrors; maggots, faeries, and a girl in peril. And lots of explosions, too.  Here's my favorite blurb:
 
Brilliantly paced and with very few moments for the reader to stop and catch their breath, Hiram Grange and the Chosen One is an adrenaline drenched jaunt through the realms of horror, fantasy and dark humor. Violence and gore abound, presented expertly by Lucia in a way that not only shows his raw talent, but the ruggedness of Hiram’s character as well. - Apex Publications

I have some free-reads, too.  Check those out, and share.

The rest of my short fiction is here. I'd say the best of those stories (again, there are some good ones waiting in the wings) is "Lonely Places", published in the third edition of The Midnight Diner.

I've done my time as editor.  One of those projects is still in the waiting, but one you can get now is Shroud Magazine's 10th issue, The Halloween Special. Packed full of great Halloween fiction and nonfiction.

Now, I've written some nonfiction, also....though I haven't seen any of that published in awhile.  Oddly enough, it's all fallen into the inspirational market. (a study in contrasts, am I).  Anyway,  these are stories about my family: our life, faith, and some of the trials we've faced raising a child with autism. They're not preachy, in any way.  Just about how faith has worked in our lives. 

And there you have it.  Filled my self-pimping quota for a few more months, at least....

2 comments:

  1. Kevin, I'm very curious about this Grange series. Very interesting. What is it? Same character, but takes by different authors? Forgive me if I should know this already. I found it and added it on Goodreads. My TBR pile fell over during the holidays, but I have been picking up the pieces since then and will definitely check this out.

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiram Grange is basically a supernatural Sherlock Holmes - with some really bad habits. He's basically sent off to fight different threats in each book, with an "M" type boss-lady who's in charge. Each book was written by a different author, and while they've added their own "take" and style, the "facts" of Hiram stay the same. And while there's some connecting details that arc through the series, they don't have to be read sequentially!

    Thanks! Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete